Simulation programs are rapidly creating and evolving their operational policies to enable in-person simulations while maintaining safety precautions for students and staff.
- Simulation Canada Webinar: Safety Considerations for In-Person Simulations in the Covid-19 Era
- University of Ottawa Skills and Simulation Centre, Centre de simulation Mère-enfant, and Allan Waters Family Simulation Centre - Considerations for resuming simulation activities during Covid-19 pandemic
- BC Simulation Network: Protective Measures for Simulation in the COVID-19 Era • Consignes et directives dans le contexte de la COVID-19 à mettre en place durant les exercices de simulation
- AHS Operational Expectation - Infection Control for Simulation
- U of Ottawa Skills & Simulation Centre (uOSSC): Operations Policy During COVID & Return to Education
- Langara college: Orientation video for nursing students
- From St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto: Brydges R et al. Lessons Learned in Preparing for and Responding to the Early Stages of the COVID-19 Pandemic: One Simulation's Program Experience Adapting to the New Normal. Adv Simul (Lond). 2020; 5: 8. doi: 10.1186/s41077-020-00128-y
- From the SimSinai centre in Toronto: REVIVAL Newsletter #08-1. Contains summaries of their operational changes to increase safety.
- BC Simulation Network COVID-19 resources
Our resources during the pandemic:
- Overview of special services and resources during the pandemic
- COVID-19 Simulations - scenarios and planning guides
- Virtual Simulations & Virtual Patients
- Facilitating simulations at a distance (e.g. webconference)