SIM-one opens nominations for 2015 SIM Citizenship Award & submissions for 2015 SIM Student Award
2015 SIM Citizenship Award
The SIM Citizenship Award recognizes Ontario simulationists who have made important contributions in the healthcare simulation field. It honours those who have made an outstanding impact on education, teaching, creative professional activities, and other endeavours. The award praises collaborative and dedicated simulationists who exceed the expectations of their role in promoting simulation in their communities.
Please refer to nomination form for submission requirements and criteria.
A shortlist of nominees will be announced by Friday, November 16, 2015.
Recognition of excellence:
- The award recipient will be formally recognized at the 2015 Ontario Simulation Exposition (SIM Expo)—Canada’s largest healthcare simulation event—on December 14 & 15 in Toronto; and
- Receive a special award and recognition on SIM-one’s online media and publications.
To read about last year’s winner, click here.
2015 SIM Student Award
The SIM Student Award is granted to a successful applicant for a written or visual submission. All Ontario undergraduate (or equivalent) health professions students are eligible to apply. If you are not a student, we encourage you to share this opportunity with your networks.
- The 2015 theme is “How health care simulation has become an integrated part of my learning and professional development”.
- Applicants must submit an essay OR video that highlights how they have used simulation to enhance their professional development.
- Essay option: They essay must not exceed 2,000 words.
- Video option: The video must be no longer than five minutes in length.
- Emphasis will be placed on uniqueness, quality, creativity, and relevance to theme.
- Applicants must be current students and reside in Ontario.
Deadline for submission is Friday, November 6, 2015. Please send all submissions to [email protected].
Winner will be announced by Friday, November 16, 2015.
Recognition of excellence:
The recipient of the SIM Student Award will receive:
- A certificate;
- Acknowledgement and dissemination on SIM-one social media and publications;
- Formal recognition at the 2015 SIM Expo; and
- Complimentary registration, travel and accommodation to the 2015 SIM Expo.
SIM-one—Ontario Simulation Network is a not-for-profit organization that connects the simulation community, facilities, resources and services across the Province of Ontario. SIM-one advocates for and advances simulated learning in health professions education for the benefit of patient care and patient safety. Supported in part by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC), SIM-one’s vision is to further position Ontario as the global leader in healthcare simulation.
HIROC is Canada’s leading provider of healthcare liability insurance. As a non-profit organization with over 500 subscriber organizations across Canada, HIROC offers unparalleled risk management programs and claims expertise. For more information on HIROC, please visit www.hiroc.com.
About CAE Healthcare
CAE Healthcare is a medical simulation company with a mission to improve healthcare education and patient safety. We design and build products for patient simulation, surgical simulation, ultrasound simulation and clinical simulation management. Our global adjunct faculty and clinicians develop medical simulation scenarios for medicine, nursing, health sciences, hospital systems and the military. For more information on CAE Healthcare, please visit www.CAEHealthcare.com.