Job Posting(s)Simulation Canada is your one-stop destination for healthcare simulation jobs. Email Us Your Job Posting
MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES OCBA (Operational Centre Barcelona-Athens) is looking for a:
TECHNIC IN DEPLOYMENTS OF CLINICAL SIMULATION BASED LEARNING PROGRAMS
(TEMPORARY POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 24 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations
MSF staff should have adequate, up-to-date practical experience to carry out the required competencies and confidently perform specific task, to ensure quality on the services that are provided population that MSF assist.
MSF FIELD SIMULATION is contributing to the development of these competences by:
- Designing and implementing F2F and online simulation-based learning solutions that can be effectively used at field level by trained supervisors with the support of the mission’s HR & technical departments Dept.’s
- Create CAPACITY in MSF staff to organize and implement simulation activities.
- Developing manuals, guidelines, documents…to support field teams to implement simulation activities
The main objective of this position is to ensure deployment to missions; implements/supports the implementation of simulation-based learning programs.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
This position will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to Project manager of the TIC Simulation.
REPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN FUNCTIONS
In close collaboration and supported by the Project manager of the TIC Simulation in all steps:
- Ensures deployment of simulation programs to missions by creating capacity (training mission facilitators and establish simulation programs)
- Implements/ supports directly the implementation of simulation programs in the field
- Participate in the elaboration of key tools for needs assessment, deployment of simulation programs, monitoring etc.
- Supports monitoring of simulation-based learning programs
- Identification and Training of facilitators and MIOs.
- Support in the management of MIOs and facilitators Pool
- Provide support to the technic capacity building by designing new scenarios, tools and capacity building programs at HQ level, when is needed and when field visits are not possible.
Education and experience
- Experience in designing, implementing and evaluating simulation-based learning programs; especially in the medical area.
- Qualified training in simulation methodology is an asset
- Humanitarian field experience is an asset. At least 2 years.
- Experience on developing learning projects/activities and / or carrying similar tasks described above.
- English and French. Spanish and/or Arabic are very much valued.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Temporal position based on any Hub OCBA. Up to 50% field visits.
- Full time work
- 12 months
- Annual gross salary: HQ-3B (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: Beginning of October 2020
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please, follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2462&company=medicossin
- Closing date: 27th September 2020, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
Please follow to the official York University job posting here for more information and to apply.
Purpose: The School of Nursing is York University's ninth largest academic unit, with over 1,100 undergraduate majors and over 130 graduate students. The School offers a number of undergraduate degree programs, including the Collaborative Nursing program (with Georgian and Seneca Colleges). the Internationally Educated Nursing (IEN) program. and, the Second Degree Entry program. At the graduate level, the School offers an MScN, MScN - Nurse Practitioner and PhD programs. Students have the opportunity to apply their classroom learning through hands on experiential education in clinical placements and the nursing simulation centre sessions.Through the use of experiential learning York University's School of Nursing Simulation Centre (NSC) provides nursing students with a safe, supportive environment for learning and most importantly, the opportunity to positively impact knowledge translation. The Simulation Manager is responsible for the operations of the NSC. This includes providing leadership and direction for daily functions in the NSC and managing the performance of all staff, volunteers, and co-op students in accordance with relevant collective agreements. The Manager oversees the NSC operations including activities that use sophisticated equipment and software, running clinical simulations that meet learning outcomes and produce measurable outcomes to support inter-professional learning experiences.Working under the direction of the Manager, Resources and Planning and with consultation and academic direction from the Director, Nursing Simulation Centre (NSC), the Simulation Manager facilitates students' development of clinical skills to meet the undergraduate and graduate students course and program outcomes.
Education: Undergraduate degree, preferably in a science or healthcare discipline. Certification in Simulation (ie/CHSE, CHSEO, CHSEA, Keystones, etc.) would be an asset.
Experience: Minimum 2 years' recent experience in healthcare education, research, or administration with a minimum of 1 year supervisory/managerial experience. Familiarity with current College of Nurses Entry to Practice Requirements an asset.
Skills: Required Skills include: Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access at the intermediate level). Experience with simulation technology an asset.Demonstrated Skills include: Budget and financial management experience. Leadership or management, preferably in a unionized environment. Excellent communication (written and oral), team building, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. Very good organizational and problem-solving skills. Experience in the preparation of reports. Knowledge of inventory management systems. Commitment to collaborative decision-making, strong advocacy, negotiation skills, relationship building with a range of stakeholders and promoting effective partnerships and agreements. Strong client service orientation. Demonstrated leadership in an academic environment with a diverse student and staff population. Ability to multi-task Willingness to adapt and change to a learning environment.
Additional Notes: This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credentials(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview.
A world-leading provider of training, educational and therapy products for medical care, is currently seeking an “Education and Technical Services Specialist – Medical Simulation” in Montreal, QC, Canada.
The role of the Services Specialist, is to deliver Technical and Educational Services, using knowledge of technical and educational methods, medicine, the Product Portfolio, Educational Services portfolio & client’s needs, to the development & improvement of the client’s capability to deliver high quality training.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources for maximum customer outcome and revenue impact;
- Understand strategically and demonstrate tactically;
- Understanding learning and curriculum relevant to our medical simulation solutions;
- Understands the economic, clinical, technical and, most importantly, educational features & benefits of Training & Education product portfolio;
- Applies knowledge of their product technical and educational solutions to recommend products and services that best suit client’s needs;
- Applies knowledge of their Technical and Educational Services portfolio, to recommend coursework, training programs & services to develop & improve client’s internal training capabilities;
- Applies knowledge of their product solutions to the development of the following custom & standard products.
- BS or equivalent in a medical discipline and/or, BA or equivalent in teaching & education;
- Fluent in oral/written French and English;
- 3-5 years’ experience in clinical practice or teaching;
- Experience in medical simulation/clinical education is desirable;
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to travel as required by role;
- Hours may vary and will require some evening/weekend work, depending on requirements of business needs;
- Possesses a valid driver’s license;
- Licensing and/or certification in a recognized standard such as NREMT-X, RN, 91W is desirable;
- Body motor skills required to move from one location to another, including ability to move, lift, roll 50-90-pound simulators.
Position Title: Clinical Simulation Technician
Location: St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver BC
Reporting to the Practice Consultant, the Clinical Simulation Technician is responsible for coordinating simulations, setting and dismantling of equipment and providing user orientation to educators and other staff in the operation of simulators and other A/V equipment for simulation use for various departments throughout the hospital. The Clinical Simulation Technician provides technical, operational, and maintenance support of the computers scenarios, audio visual (A/V) technologies, simulation mannequins and medical equipment.
Graduation from a recognized diploma program in a Technology field of study plus two (2) years’ recent simulation technician experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Class 5 vehicle license as local area travel requires the use of a vehicle.
CHSOS certification (Certified Simulation Operations Specialist) preferred.
Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
In collaboration with the Practice Consultant, develops and maintains effective planning and logistics to ensure a quality simulation learning experience for all facilitators and users of the simulators.
Programs patient care simulators, prepares scenario props, and runs the computer scenarios to model physiological responses to the clinical and skill objectives and specifications created by instructional staff.
Prepares technological and environmental set ups for simulation activities, including setup of equipment, peripherals and supplies as well as ensuring cleaning and take down procedures are completed after each simulation session. Restores simulation rooms to pre-scenario conditions following events.
Schedules and provides coordination for simulation activities and provides technical support and instructional orientation to the high fidelity human patient simulators and A/V equipment to educators.
Contributes to the development of user educational materials. Participates in data entry and provision of ongoing support for curriculum, lectures on demand and uploading of user educational material and manuals.
Performs quality assurance testing of the simulation equipment and courseware to identify and resolve technical issues related to access and operation of the equipment.
Performs diagnostics, trouble shooting and maintenance of patient simulators including: identifying issues and highlighting solutions; installing and updating hardware and software; documenting services performed; and liaising with manufacturers’ service representatives. Escalates issues to Practice Consultant when unable to resolve issues.
Maintains warranty information and documentation on simulation equipment.
Provides support for simulation and debrief technologies used throughout the hospital, including telephone/online assistance, and facilitating escalation of technical support or appropriate solutions.
Coordinates with simulation schedulers and educators to ensure sufficient time/resources and follow up for simulation activities.
Maintains inventories, supplies and replacement parts for technologies to facilitate effective operation of the clinical simulation activities.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your resume here.