Please follow to the official York University job posting here for more information and to apply.
Purpose: The School of Nursing is York University's ninth largest academic unit, with over 1,100 undergraduate majors and over 130 graduate students. The School offers a number of undergraduate degree programs, including the Collaborative Nursing program (with Georgian and Seneca Colleges). the Internationally Educated Nursing (IEN) program. and, the Second Degree Entry program. At the graduate level, the School offers an MScN, MScN - Nurse Practitioner and PhD programs. Students have the opportunity to apply their classroom learning through hands on experiential education in clinical placements and the nursing simulation centre sessions.Through the use of experiential learning York University's School of Nursing Simulation Centre (NSC) provides nursing students with a safe, supportive environment for learning and most importantly, the opportunity to positively impact knowledge translation. The Simulation Manager is responsible for the operations of the NSC. This includes providing leadership and direction for daily functions in the NSC and managing the performance of all staff, volunteers, and co-op students in accordance with relevant collective agreements. The Manager oversees the NSC operations including activities that use sophisticated equipment and software, running clinical simulations that meet learning outcomes and produce measurable outcomes to support inter-professional learning experiences.Working under the direction of the Manager, Resources and Planning and with consultation and academic direction from the Director, Nursing Simulation Centre (NSC), the Simulation Manager facilitates students' development of clinical skills to meet the undergraduate and graduate students course and program outcomes.
Education: Undergraduate degree, preferably in a science or healthcare discipline. Certification in Simulation (ie/CHSE, CHSEO, CHSEA, Keystones, etc.) would be an asset.
Experience: Minimum 2 years' recent experience in healthcare education, research, or administration with a minimum of 1 year supervisory/managerial experience. Familiarity with current College of Nurses Entry to Practice Requirements an asset.
Skills: Required Skills include: Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access at the intermediate level). Experience with simulation technology an asset.Demonstrated Skills include: Budget and financial management experience. Leadership or management, preferably in a unionized environment. Excellent communication (written and oral), team building, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. Very good organizational and problem-solving skills. Experience in the preparation of reports. Knowledge of inventory management systems. Commitment to collaborative decision-making, strong advocacy, negotiation skills, relationship building with a range of stakeholders and promoting effective partnerships and agreements. Strong client service orientation. Demonstrated leadership in an academic environment with a diverse student and staff population. Ability to multi-task Willingness to adapt and change to a learning environment.
Additional Notes: This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credentials(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview.
A world-leading provider of training, educational and therapy products for medical care, is currently seeking an “Education and Technical Services Specialist – Medical Simulation” in Montreal, QC, Canada.
The role of the Services Specialist, is to deliver Technical and Educational Services, using knowledge of technical and educational methods, medicine, the Product Portfolio, Educational Services portfolio & client’s needs, to the development & improvement of the client’s capability to deliver high quality training.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources for maximum customer outcome and revenue impact;
- Understand strategically and demonstrate tactically;
- Understanding learning and curriculum relevant to our medical simulation solutions;
- Understands the economic, clinical, technical and, most importantly, educational features & benefits of Training & Education product portfolio;
- Applies knowledge of their product technical and educational solutions to recommend products and services that best suit client’s needs;
- Applies knowledge of their Technical and Educational Services portfolio, to recommend coursework, training programs & services to develop & improve client’s internal training capabilities;
- Applies knowledge of their product solutions to the development of the following custom & standard products.
- BS or equivalent in a medical discipline and/or, BA or equivalent in teaching & education;
- Fluent in oral/written French and English;
- 3-5 years’ experience in clinical practice or teaching;
- Experience in medical simulation/clinical education is desirable;
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to travel as required by role;
- Hours may vary and will require some evening/weekend work, depending on requirements of business needs;
- Possesses a valid driver’s license;
- Licensing and/or certification in a recognized standard such as NREMT-X, RN, 91W is desirable;
- Body motor skills required to move from one location to another, including ability to move, lift, roll 50-90-pound simulators.