Scenario Writing Mentoring Scholarship
Following the Scenario Writing Workshops SIM-one offered around Ontario over the past year, this program will support ongoing mentorship and networking as participants further develop the scenarios begun at the workshop.
The objectives of this program are to:
- Further advance the scenario writing skills of participants through mentorship;
- Enable development and pilot testing of new scenarios; and
- Make these scenarios available to the Ontario simulation community via a networking event and the SIM Scenario Exchange.
A total of $11,000 is available. It will be disbursed as 22 scholarships of $500 each.
Recipients of this scholarship will receive:
- Discounted enrolment ($100 fee) in SIM-one’s new Scenario Writing Coaching course (online) to provide ongoing peer networking and expert mentorship as they develop and pilot test their scenario;
- Free enrolment in a 1-day scenario presentation and sharing event, to be held in Toronto on Oct 5th, 2016 (the day before the SIM Expo).
Ontario college or university faculty/staff who have participated in a one-day SIM-one Scenario Writing Workshop. A maximum of two applications may be submitted per organization.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Demonstrated need for the proposed scenario;
- Quality of the proposed scenario and its potential impact on learners; and
- Commitment of the applicant’s organization to supporting the development, pilot testing, and dissemination of the scenario.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the above evaluations plus the goal of supporting development of scenarios addressing a variety of topics/learning objectives.
It is expected that the organizations of successful applicants will:
- Support enrolment of the awardee in the Scenario Writing Coaching course (online);
- Provide teaching relief time to the awardee to allow dedicated time for scenario development and pilot testing;
- Send the awardee to the scenario presentation and sharing event in Toronto on October 5, 2016; and
- Contribute the final scenario to the SIM Scenario Exchange.
Use of funds
Scholarship funds may be applied toward:
- Registration of the awardee in the Scenario Writing Coaching course;
- Dedicated time for the awardee to develop the scenario;
- Equipment needed for the scenario;
- Hiring standardized patients if needed;
- Sending the awardee to the scenario presentation/sharing event; and/or
- Registration to the 2016 SIM Expo.
Applications are due by Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 11:59 p.m. (EST). Applicants will be informed of outcomes by Friday, March 25, 2016. Cheques will be sent to recipient organizations by March 31, 2016.
Frequently asked questions
Download complete details and application form.
We are happy to assist with any questions about the application process or scholarship program. Please contact RD@SIM-one.ca for more information.