Writing Simulation Scenarios: A Practical Guide
Writing Simulation Scenarios: A Practical Guide is an online, intensive introduction to developing and writing the best simulation scenarios. Over five webinar sessions, you will learn the essential elements of scenario design through content & experiential exercises.
Who will benefit?
Preparing to write a scenario design? Want to perfect your creative learning techniques for simulation-based education? If you answered yes to one or both, then this course is for you.
What will I learn?
- Best practice principles of scenario design, including understanding of, attitudes, and skills
- Narrative and dramatic techniques for enhancing clinical teaching and learning
- Ways to incorporate learned skills and techniques into individual settings and simulations
Learning outcomes & benefits
Participants will begin to master the knowledge and skills for developing clear, engaging, and accurate scenario designs, including:
- Fundamentals of narrative
- Development of compelling scripts & outlines in a best practice framework
- Effective student engagement
- Character development (including realistic roles, dimensions, motivations, and actions)
- Scenario formatting
- Revision & editing process
- Webinar link will be provided to all course participants in advance
- Duration of the webinars is between 60 and 90 minutes
- Course can be used toward obtaining SIM-one's Keystones Certificate Program and MASCS Certificate Program
- Students will have the option to publically share their scenarios on SIM Scenario Exchange