Synergies: Interprofessional Education & Simulation for Healthcare Education
Jointly offered by Simulation Canada (SIM-one) and the University of Toronto Centre for Interprofessional Education (IPE), Synergies is a two-day course that explores the combination of IPE and simulation for optimal education and training in healthcare.
Who will benefit?
All simulationists and individuals interested in the healthcare simulation field are encouraged to participate.
What will I learn?
Through theory and practical applications, participants will learn the common elements between IPE and simulation, and new techniques that will enhance their teaching in healthcare.
Learning outcomes & benefits
- A perfect pairing: Learn the common factors in IPE and simulation.
- Dual design: Apply educational design and theory to the construction of an IPE simulation.
- Listening heads: Identify the key elements for an effective facilitation (including learning objectives, time management, and maintaining a healthy learning climate).
- Building together: Compare and contrast simulation modalities to achieve IPE learning goals.
- Round table: Take part in open discussions.
Course timing is 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for Days 1 and 2.* Subject to change