SIMaginarium: The Imagination Behind Simulation
Put your creativity to the test! SIMaginarium is an engaging two-day course that examines the use of imagination and psychological principles that underpin all aspects of simulation (including low- and high-fidelity simulation enhancement, learner engagement, and scenario design with maximum impact).
SIMaginarium can be used to obtain SIM-one's Keystones of Healthcare Simulation and Mastering the Artistic Side of Clinical Simulation (MASCS) program certificates.
Who will benefit?
Educators, simulationists, and all individuals interested in learning about the use of imagination and creative learning techniques for improving fidelity and enhancing simulation engagement.
What will I learn?
Participants will develop an improved understanding of, attitudes, and skills for the use of imagination and creativity for enhancing clinical teaching and learning methods. Participants will also examine how this knowledge and skills can be used to improve simulations and enhance student learning.
Learning outcomes & benefits
- Psychological underpinnings: Explore the psychological principles behind strong simulations.
- Unleash your creativity: Master the techniques to boost your creative and imaginative side for successful simulation designs.
- Performance & learning theory: Learn how this theory can be used to enhance simulation delivery.
- Engage the senses: Gain knowledge on how to boost simulation fidelity through visuals, sounds, scents, and taste.
- “All the world's a stage”: Observe role-playing with best practice techniques.
This course runs 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on both days.