Job Posting(s)SIM-one is your one-stop destination for healthcare simulation jobs. Email Us Your Job Posting
We currently have an opportunity for a Regular Part-Time Simulation Technologist in the Sunnybrook Canadian Simulation Centre at our Bayview Campus.
Under the direction of the manager of the Sunnybrook Canadian Simulation Centre, the simulation technician, will assist with equipment maintenance including hardware and software, room set up, curriculum delivery, and assisting with various operational aspects of the SCSC.
Summary of Duties:
- Maintain Simulation Centre as a clean, safe, and operational facility
- Set up and clean up rooms for training sessions and meetings
- Maintain the equipment of the Centre (value >$500,000)
- Provides simulation A/V and technical support and expertise
- Provides training and is a resource for simulation confederate participants.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies and other disposable and non-disposable items, including ordering and purchasing coordination
- Assist in the design of simulation scenarios and curriculum
- Assist in the delivery of simulation scenarios and curriculum
- Operate simulation equipment to deliver uncomplicated simulation scenarios
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Hospital departments, including Biomedical Engineering, to maintain and repair equipment.
- Assure that the simulator and related equipment is in good working order prior to the start of all sessions.
- Solicit instructor and student feedback following simulation experiences
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies, procedures and practices for the Centre.
- Facilitate collaboration among health science programs to optimize technology use.
- Assists in maintaining accurate records and data of simulation exercises
- Maintain up to date knowledge regarding simulation equipment and technology
- Collaborates with program staff to identify potential program needs and opportunities for growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited school- Education and degree will be verified
- Experience working troubleshooting A/V equipment
- Experience in technical project management
- Experience in programming, editing programs and authoring tools
- Experience in computer programs including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology required
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and clinical experience highly desirable
- Education or experience in health care related information technology strongly preferred.
Assistant or Associate Professor, Tenure-Track/Tenured, Canada Research Chair: Healthcare Simulation
Appointment Type: Full-Time Continuing
Application Review Date: September 15, 2017
As an innovative and research‐focused university, The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is committed to engaging in leading edge research activities that address issues of local, regional, national, and global significance. The university’s research profile is both competitive with, and distinct from, other Canadian universities, and interdisciplinary research and collaborations with other researchers across the university as a whole are strongly encouraged. UOIT advances the creation and application of knowledge through a technology-enriched learning environment and innovative programs responsive to the needs of students, and the evolving 21st century workplace. For detailed information, please visit: http://research.uoit.ca/about/success-in-research/index.php.
UOIT’s commitment to research excellence has resulted in millions of dollars in grants and awards, including eleven prestigious Canada Research Chairs and the university’s Faculty of Health Sciences now invites applications for nomination to a Canada Research Chair position in Healthcare Simulation. Contingent on success of the CRC nomination, the successful applicant will be offered a position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. Rank and CRC Tier level will depend on experience and qualifications. Canada Research Chairs are subject to review and approval by the CRC Secretariat. Please visit the Canada Research Chairs website for full program information, including further details on eligibility criteria.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is the second-largest Faculty at UOIT. A team of 82 dedicated and collaborative faculty and staff integrate knowledge and practice into their research and teaching to provide interprofessional learning and research opportunities for students and to nurture a critical approach to understanding health care and wellbeing in terms of the determinants of health. Faculty research is diverse and interdisciplinary, with a broad emphasis in areas of nursing, medical laboratory science, community and public health, and kinesiology. Researchers partner with an array of health and social care organizations, and research institutions within Canada and internationally. Our facilities include state-of-the-art health sciences laboratories and the Interprofessional Centre of Excellence in Simulation. For more information on the Faculty, please visit: http://healthsciences.uoit.ca/
CRC Tier 1 Chairs are intended for outstanding and innovative world-class researchers who are recognized internationally as leaders in their fields and whose accomplishments have made a major impact in their fields. Qualified nominees for Tier 2 CRC nomination will be exceptional emerging researchers and acknowledged by their peers as having the potential to lead in their field. Tier 2 nominees should demonstrate the potential to achieve international recognition in their fields in the next five to ten years. Candidates who are more than ten years from the terminal degree in their field may also be considered through CRC’s Tier 2 Justification Process if they experienced a career interruption due to maternity, parental, extended sick, family care leave or clinical activities.
In addition to CRC requirements, the Faculty of Health Sciences at UOIT requires qualified applicants candidates to hold a PhD in a related discipline, relevant expertise within healthcare environments, and extensive experience in basic and applied research into simulated learning experiences, broadly defined. A record of interdisciplinary academic research collaborations, stakeholder partnerships and external research funding is evident. A commitment to supporting student success has been demonstrated through scholarship, outstanding contributions to teaching, training or mentorship, and institutional service. The Faculty of Health Sciences is also particularly interested in candidates with experience proactively advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in research activities, curriculum and teaching and can demonstrate their commitment to promoting a respectful work and learning environment at UOIT.
Qualified scholars are invited to submit an electronic application package through the link at the bottom of this posting. Applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing how your career achievements position you for a successful CRC nomination;
- A current curriculum vitae including a list of publications (and, if applicable, explain the impact of any legitimate career interruptions on your record of research achievements);
- A concise 5 year research program plan proposal;
- A one-page teaching statement; and,
- The names and contact information of three people who may be contacted by the University for letters of reference.
Review of applications will continue until a suitable candidate is found.