Job Posting(s)SIM-one is your one-stop destination for healthcare simulation jobs. Email Us Your Job Posting
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Director, Centre for Interprofessional Clinical Simulation Learning (CICSL), the Manager, CICSL supports the ongoing effective and efficient operation of the simulation centre on behalf of the three institutional partners: UBC Faculty of Medicine s Island Medical Program, the University of Victoria's Faculty of Human and Social Development and Island Health. The Manager establishes and implements plans, policies and procedures to ensure the ongoing sustainability of the CICSL which provides a vibrant teaching and learning environment for medical and nursing students; medical residents; professional staff and physicians within Island Health hospitals and other health-related stakeholders. The primary mandate of the centre is to increase the safety of patients and improve quality of care.
This position will initially focus on the start-up of the CICSL with the goal to develop a business plan for ongoing operations. The plan will include support for day-to-day operations and research as well as an anticipated revenue stream. Within this mandate, the Manager will work collaboratively with the partners and other key stakeholders to implement the business plan.
The Manager is accountable to establish close and productive working relationships with representatives of the three institutional partners, other simulation centres and programs as well as fostering partnerships that are identified in the business plan.
$68,835.00 - $98,943.00 - An attractive remuneration package, considering skills and experience, will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
A level of Education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in nursing or a related health field plus seven (7) years of experience.
- Business experience and application of knowledge in a clinical care setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with inter-professional education, simulation, simulated patients and clinical skills training methods in health/medical education.
- Broad senior management experience that includes: planning, budgeting and accounting.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication and facilitation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business and academic partners to develop strategic relationships.
- Knowledge of current health care, clinical and medical education, and simulation issues and trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organizations, including development of reports, proposals and training plans.
- Effective promotional and marketing skills.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, both internal and external, at all levels.
- Ability to motivate and inspire concepts of learning within an organization.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen opportunities.
- Ability to make fair and consistent decisions.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure, to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently.
- Ability and motivation to learn new software and hardware. Proficiency with computer platforms, Office and (some) technical software.
- Knowledge of data collection techniques.
- Knowledge of technological tools that support learning. Medical terminology an asset.
Start Date: March 14, 2018
End Date: March 29, 2019 - Pending return of Incumbent